Thursday, July 06, 2006

Guess WHAT?!

..we goin to Pakistan & India next week, insh'Allah!!.. well Karachi first and then Calcutta later.

And before you think of calling me the R word... hey, it's jus a mere coincidence that I am goin back to the homeland of my parents for the 3rd time in 5 years okay!

This time, all of us (minus my chota sa lil baby, Azfar) are going! So should be much funner... and hopefully this time one of us won't end up sitting next to a grandpa who takes up all the leg room and snores the whole way home. Last time, Ammi made me sit next to him :(

And more people means more suitcase space for my kapray!! Yeahhhh shoppping! And I actually know my way around the bazaars and city now... which means more clothes in less time. I am so cool :) Plus, we're gonna be having a lil Walimah (wedding party) for my bro & Sahar... which maybe means another outfit?? But that should be a lot of fun because all of the relatives are gonna be there.. like my Papa's entire khandaan, because my Shabana Baji and her kids(from Miami) are in Karachi currently too! Then we'll be in Calcutta/Kolkata for a week or so, and another lil party. Finally, we'll be able to introduce Nana Abba to Sahar... he's probably soooo excited!

If anybody has been to Karachi or Kolkata recently and knows where we should go shopping or any hotspots... jus don't suggest Hawk's Bay!!... definitely suggest away. I don't even know what's in style anymore... the last i heard, really really short kameezes were in style.. :S not my style. But planning on getting a few saris from India fo sure.

Again, keep my bechaara blog company... I'll try to update once in a while... but the last time I went to Karachi I couldn't access it. It kept signing me into some Paki girl's blog... so yeah maybe Azfar can take over while I'm gone again! He was soooo funny... that rasssscal. Most importantly keep me updated on GH and Full House!! Oh yeahh... and keep an eye on our lil Affar.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all goin where now??? What am I goin do at home...more importantly what am I going to eat?? When should I Have the partay?

Kher...

You should go to Hog's Way..no I mean Smock's Day..I mean mr...Jesse...Uncle..errr

(in Iyad's voice) I'm not a bay-bay
...youh Scoundhhhrelll...

July 06, 2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Pakistan and India?! That sounds like so much fun! Take advantage of the shopping ;)

I wish you a very safe trip insha'Allah and good luck with everything, have a great time, you'll be missed :D

July 06, 2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Do you have any idea how jealous I am of you right now? I haven't been to India since I was 6 and I am dying to go!!! Can you take me with you? Pleeeease?! We can swing by Hyderabad on the way to Calcutta can't we? (I obviously don't know my geography). You can even store kapray in my suitcase! Think about it :D

More importantly, when are you coming back??? I'm moving to Motown (Michigan) near the end of August and I must see you before I leave. I need your aashirvaad (blessings) lol. If I dont see you (BOOOOOO) then I wish you and your family (minus Azfar) a wonderful, safe trip insha'Allah (with just a couple gifts for me).

Don't worry about your blog, Azfar was great last time, and we'll definitely keep him company. Azfar, you're more than welcome to come over anytime you run out of food. Pleeeease keep me on your list of "people to call when out of _______ or something is on fire"
I will go to the store for your or bring over a fire extinguisher. Or both.

(sorry for the long comment :P...this is what happens when we don't talk for ages)

July 08, 2006 2:29 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Deeeja no!!!!!! Insh'Allah, we should be back on August 11 .. when are you leaving for school? The 15th i believe.. but yo lets get together before i leave and then again after I come back and before you leave. :( I guess you were right, the year really jus flew by in a minute.

Don't worry, I know Azfar will more than likely harass everyone when he needs food and when he needs his laundry done. He hasn't done his own laundry since last summer... i spoil him too much. Naattu boi!

July 09, 2006 3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what u talkin' bout willis, I always do my laundry now...

I don't think you've ever anyone's laundry but ur own..."spoil him too much"??

heh?

yes and as soon as I run out of frozen curry dinners and crescent chicken cutlets I'll post for help on this blog.

PLUS I'd appreciate if ppl could let me use their car (or even one of ours, but with their 'supervision') so I can practice parking and other stuff before my test.

July 13, 2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger Roohi said...

You're going to Calcutta?

You're Bengali???

WHAT?!?!?!?

July 13, 2006 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home