Friday, May 19, 2006

The Cartoon Hijabi...

Azfar, my lil bro, saw an interesting cartoon a while ago and he was tellin me about it. It sounded soooooooo funny... that we jus had to share it with everyone. Take it away Azfar...

Alright Check it, there was this cartoon on like Family Channel where this Arab and Black girl switched families for a week (show is called The Proud Family and NO I don't watch it on a continuous basis or anything, I just noticed a cartoon Hijabi). So this is what happened:

During Ramadan, the Arab family (with black girl living with them) is waiting to break their fast while playing chess and watching Urdu Dramas (so maybe they're also Paki).. and of course they have these next accents that are so stereotypical.

ALso, at school, the black girl who has to wear hijab and fast. She uses her hijab to hide her and her friend's lunch $, because the blue-coloured african bullies who speak in Zulu or something take it everyday...I guess blue skin and Zulu means their tribal or something. Man this cartoon is pretty racist if you think about it..

Finally, when they go to a restaurant for Eid:

The black girl sees her own family there and her father asks what she's wearing on her head, and she says "a Hijab (Hee-Jab)" and then her grandmother says to the father "a job? You should get one of those" ... Hahahahaa

Then the black girl is in line for the buffet (still wearing hijab) a boy named Shahid asks her to dance (btw this is a arab style place). So then they start dancing with each other, as do the both of the parents (Black and Arab)

What were they thinking? heh?

OK, so it's me again. Some final thoughts: this show still cracks me up... haha... especially the grandma saying the job part. Azfar thinks the paki hijabi was cute... Azfar ur so besharam and get real, she's just a cartoon! And FYI the only good looking cartoon character is Aladdin...

3 Comments:

Blogger AKA said...

My secret confession: I love the Proud Family! lol

I swear it's Maaniya's fault though. She watches the show all the time so when and if I'm home in the afternoons, we watch it together. But even better than the Proud Family is Disney's "The Weekenders" - it's HILARIOUS!!!

*sigh* a 23 year-old-soon-to-be-law-student getting excited over cartoons. See, i'm such a bachi at heart :p

(I've never seen that episode yet though!! Azfar, admit it, you watch that show regularly...I don't buy this whole "I just happen to catch it on TV" thing :P)

May 22, 2006 2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I'll admit I saw another episode after that one, but thats it...and it wasn't as funny.
Probably cuz there wasn't any racial profiling jokes.

I didn't think she was cute, thats just weird. and calling me besharam?? "...that's real funny coming from you!"

btw, Sesame street has a new show on like Treehouse or something...unfortunately I have iskool now...and I only caught a lil bit of 2 episodes.

May 23, 2006 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL @ the proud family lol. I've seen maybe a show or two of it, but never this one. Okay, hijabis dancing, wtf? They try to Americanize (aka haramize) everything, lol, without knowing anything! XD

Anyhow, HAHA, Aladdin is cute...but mostly only in the first movie. They do wierd things to the characters after that one, make 'em all emo and stuff.

O.o Wow, Sesame Street is being discussed too? XD

June 11, 2008 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home