Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Fanaa?

I saw Fanaa over the weekend... and i thought it was pretty disappointing. Considering the trailer was sooo interesting and mysterious, the movie itself wasn't that intriguing at all. And there were a lot of long, boring scenes that just wouldn't end... I'm glad I didn't see it in the theatres. The songs were pretty nice though... and the shayaris were pretty sweet. Kajol looked hot though... she actually looks wayy better than she did like 10 years go in DDLJ. And that bacha was adorable... haha 'deadman'.

It was a 'different' type of film... but is different always better? They tried to copy the Mission Impossible/007 type formula too much and it jus didn't work.

I'm a fan of older movies... and by older I mean the ones from the '90s, ie. Dil, Aashiqui, Maine Pyar Kiya.. and they all had amazing songs... No, I'm not as reffy as i sound. Thanks.

Shaz, jus saw Krrish w/ Hrithik & Priyanka, it's the sequel to Koi Mil Gaya... she said it was pretty good. But then again, she thinks that John Abraham can act...

4 Comments:

Blogger RandomLiterati said...

HEY!!! I was on the phone with Iram when I read your blog and we both say that John Abraham CAN act but not just that, who looks at his acting anyways when his more-than-just-good looks are so distracting??? Sigh...

And Krrish was good, in a cute-sy sort of way! So if those kind of movies make you sick, wait till it comes out on DVD to watch it. I forgot how good looking Hrithik was too, and with his long hair he's even better. Anyone want to go see it, I'll go again! (but I refuse to fight the throngs of over-dressed desi people in Brampton this time!)

And Fanaa was "good". I mean its better than most movies that are out nowadays, but that's all it was, it was just "good". Although it was nice to see Kajol back!

June 28, 2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Shaziaaaa, what's ur husband from the hyderabad pind gonna think of you saying such things about another man?!! That crack about the horse and the hydro STILL cracks me up!!

Can't believe people were dressed up like they were goin to a mela at the movie theatre!!Speaking of which, what did you wear to the Krrish movie?? Your favourite lehnga with matching earrings and chooriyaan? ;)

June 28, 2006 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey did u already cut your hair? if not...I suggest u go to Donato's in SQ1 ...their new talent is only $20 and they do a GOOD job! And yes....u read that correctly, $20...but u have to request new talent!

July 05, 2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

One of the best movies of the 90s has got to be Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (Amir Khan & Juhi Chawla) or even better: ANDAZ APNA APNA!!!! My brother and I are crazy over that movie....it's so hilarious! It's the desi "Dumb and Dumber" though I think it's a million times better. We just watched it for the zillionth time on our way to Michigan last weekend!

"...Yeh hai Janaab Noor Ali Asli Lali Maqbool urf Chote miyan"

"Itne saare naam? Baakhi loge kahan hai?"

LOL!!!!!

July 08, 2006 2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home