Sunday, June 18, 2006

In TRUE Bollywood Style...

The Walimah... Did I mention they rode up in a horse carriage? And the cutest thing was that a little boy dressed up in a tux was the horse director(?).. however, in the pic you can't see him. And then Arsalan helped Hina down... it was quite cute. And that place was just beautiful... there was a long winding road the led to the wooden ...chateau.. i don't even know what to call it. It was sooo different from our typical wedding receptions... in the middle of the countryside it felt like and so simple yet elegant.

I swear, it felt like a Bollywood moment as she stepped down from the carriage and walked through the garden. If a Bollywood song wasn't playing, I'm sure there was one playing in our heads... awww i jus rem'd they didn't play the song we had wanted at the entrance :( It woulda been sooo perfect! It's all good... Mash'Allah they make an adorable couple!

And I didn't know the Bella Gardens was Muslim-owned... even sweeter! Food was AMAZING.. I think the best wedding food I've ever had. The night was full of speeches, including one by yours truly... and yeahh I managed to pull it off. I spent my hours before the Walimah writing and panicking... I was trying to think of something profound to say, you know some sort of advice.. but I'm not married, how would I know? So i thought i would rip it off some site.. but they were all goray wedding advice/toasts. So i stuck to telling everyone about mine & Hina's love story... how we met at a wedding, started talking... fell in 'love'... then introduced our parents to each other... yada yada... then Arsalan came along. But I think I managed to have a few profound moments in there somewhere, but everytime i looked at Hina she had these tears in her eyes and so then I would get choked up... managed to get thru it without crying tho.

And Arsalan & Hina even surprised his Bro & Sis-in-law with a cake for their son's 1st bday... his Bhabi got pretty emotional.. it was sweet. It was a really great night.. I even managed to push her hubby aside and get the first and only dance with Hina... see she still loves me.

Or maybe I am just trying to the steal the bouquet in the picture.... I guess you'll never know!

*Rem, no matter where you are, Montreal or Milton... Sarah loves you*

3 Comments:

Blogger Hash & Hana said...

Wow... nice pics. Sounds like a nice wedding. Did she go to UTM? For some reason, I don't remember her.

June 20, 2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum!

Awww mubarak to them! And YES! i knew the horse and carriage thing was workable :D weee

June 22, 2006 12:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yeahhh Hina went to UTM... actually she was in Psych too.

June 22, 2006 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home