Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It's Dholki central time again...

I went to a Dholki this weekend.. shuddap Humarah.. according to her I am ALWAYS going to Dholkis and because I missed her birthday party one year because of Kash's Dholki. So yeah, as always we got there late.. or so we thought (we were actually early)... man I don't even know how late Paki Standard Time is anymore! Saw my Farah, finally! It was a bunch of us girls and Aunties... and forreal I think we all forgot that we were there for a dholki, we were all jus chillin and eating... until the Aunties summoned us downstairs to start the singing.. well for all of us it was more like lip-syncing. Aunties are hard to please to say the least. Firstly, they were singing all these old songs that we didn't even know and ALSO were not in the song book! Then when they were singing songs we knew or songs from the books.. they would change up the words.. and go into other songs. So we would all jus start talking again... at which point each of our Mothers would start giving us dirty looks which meant to shut up and sing.

My fave Dholki song is... the one that goes.. "Yeh peela jora, yeh hari hari chooriyan" or the one that goes "Jiski biwi lambi/gori/moti.." .. cracks me up!



Me and Nadia (Bhabi) chillin' at the Dholki. Man I sucked at bajaoing the tambourine... or maybe the Aunties just weren't singing on key with my tambourine bajaoing.. Hhmm?



Tan, Qandeel, Sara and Khalida... Covergirls! You know they never let me hang out with them when I was younger :( Well, I didn't know Sara until she married Kashif .. but the rest of them... meanies... except that Khalida let me come with her once to drop off library books on Eid. But I'm cool enough now YAY!




All of us: Tan, Q, Sara, Nadia and Khalida and me & Farah (in the front). We look like a rainbow :) Good Times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home