Friday, June 24, 2005

My Trip to the Homeland (cont'd)



These are my 3 Abbu's (Uncles), my Dad would've completed the picture; my Dad is the youngest of 6 brothers and 1 sister. Which explains why a few of my nephews and nieces are older than me. I would always ask them to tell me stories about my Dad when he was younger and all their adventures. Man, they had exciting stories... ditching classes and going to movies and then running into trouble on the way. One thing the Abbu's loved to do was FEED me.. mithai (ofcourse), samosas, sandwiches, you name it... MMmmmmm... it all sounds so yummy now, but at the time the thought of food made me wanna hurl. They took great care of me =)



This is me and my nephews Shayaan (newborn) and Shahroz. I think Shahroz had just gotten into trouble (yet again) and yeah I was his new best friend :) We did everything together... well more like I helped him with everything, getting dressed, eating, combing his hair... hilarious kid. There was this one incident where we were playing and somehow his knee hit me in the chin, I was alright but he got yelled at by my cousin and then he started crying. So I asked him why he was crying and apparently my chin had hurt his knee LOL. When you were on his "good" side he'd be all polite and refer to you using 'aap'; when you were on his "bad" side there was no telling what he'd refer to you as... he was a 5 yr old drama queen. But it's kids like him that you always miss when they aren't around.




This is me and my fave cousin, Sonia and her son, Daaniyal @ Pizza Hut. Me and her, we always have the best time wherever we are. I only got to see her 2 times this trip, which sucked but we made the best use of every second. I missed her sooo much. She got married a year and half ago, so this was the first time I met her husband, Junaid.. awesome guy MashAllah... he's taking really good care of her. On our last trip, Sonu promised me she would come to Canada to visit me atleast once, so this time I made Junaid Bhai promise me the same. Me and Junaid Bhai shared stories about Sonu over dinner and then me and Sonu shared our adventures from the last trip; I was soo glad that me and him got along. Then we all went out for ice cream and milkshakes. I had a lot of leftovers that night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you enjoyed your trip.
Maybe I should take a trip to Karachi and visit the relatives...could be interesting!

June 27, 2005 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home