Sunday, June 19, 2005

I'm Back!

Hey guys.. yes it's true.. I am finally back from Pakistan! Well I actually got back on Tuesday afternoon.. but have been incredibly lazy to get back on the blog or call or email. Actually ever since I have been back I have been incredibly lazy to do everything.. like i jus called work yesterday to tell them I'm back.. haven't checked my email until today.. yesterday was the first day i actually went out.. guy I've gotta get out of this rut!

The trip was awesome... had tons of fun... but spent my time primarily shopping, which wouldn't have been so bad except for the crazy hot temperatures!! Thank God for air conditioners! My english vocab is really bad now :S and no I didn't go to ESL in the first place. I lost a few pounds which is awesome because I've been tryin to get rid of them for a while now.. well not actively per se.. but yeah now I can kickstart my workout/pilates routine ... inshAllah!! I miss my relatives back home though... time flew by and now i wish i had spent it with them more.. but then again we went to do wedding shopping.

And thanks to ME and my constant persistence and nagging... my neice got engaged :) Well, its not like I forced them into it.. but here's the case, whenever we are in Pakistan or India there are never any weddings or engagements or anything BUT when my cousin goes to Pak there are ALWAYS weddings and parties so i was like .. I'm here and I dont know when I'll be back next (guilt-tripping all the way) so let's just do the engagement while I'm here. They were going to get engaged somewhere down the line anyways.. so finally they agreed :) and we had the engagement partay. Good times!

I will hafta reminisce later... Auspar needs the computer :)

12 Comments:

Blogger Yaseen said...

Welcome back! The key questoin is if you are engaged?!! Glad you had an amazing time and not to sick to tell us. Enjoy whats left in our summer and see you at the Muslimfest insh!

June 19, 2005 8:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks! And... NO I did not come back engaged... thank god... although trust me the idea was suggested numerous times. It was actually people outside of my family that would bring up the topic right in front of me as if I wasn't present... RUDE. But all in all a memorable trip... around the corner... weddings! YAY!

June 19, 2005 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back !!!!
glad to see you back safe and single ... tee hee :)

faisal.

June 19, 2005 9:06 PM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

YAY welcome back!!! So did you end up buying more clothes for yourself or for your bhabi =P Azfar kept us well entertained and up to date while you were gone, I hope you'll let him blog a little now and then! So no engagement phew...glad to hear you didnt pick up anyone from the line of fobs you must have had! By the way I think DJQ is disappointed you didn't find his Priyanka Chopra look-a-like mannequin.....

June 19, 2005 10:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Q if it makes u feel any better you can have Auspar's reject Salma (formerly known as Salman!

See I am a good friend. Only the best for my friends!

June 19, 2005 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so honoured, i was your first "outside family experience"
since u got back! Newayz, WELCOME TO KA-NAY-DA! oops, i mean welcome back... :)

p.s. very nice of your bro to try to keep your blog alive.

June 21, 2005 12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

word Henna..word BUT..

"try" to keep the blog alive?

I took it to another level homey!

-Azfar

June 21, 2005 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fo shizzle azfar!

Who i be foolin?

Mad props and respectzzzzzzzzzz.

If i ever create a blog, i will be sure to use your updating services, (free of charge for friends of the future bhabi IA i hope!).

June 21, 2005 11:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oye Henna... send me ur webpage address!!

June 22, 2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Nevermind... I just used my brain and figured it out.

June 22, 2005 2:46 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Welcome home!

I'm glad you had a good time despite all the craziness going on outside and inside (I read about your chipkali incident). and as usual I dont think I'll get to see you until I pass by your work :(

and you should really get Azfar to start his own blog!!! He did a great job filling in for you...maybe a better job than you...:p

June 23, 2005 12:58 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Listenn.... Azfar has retired from the world of blogging... writing 3 blogs in 5 weeks was a difficult enough task for him. He may make guest appearances here and there.. stay tuned.

June 23, 2005 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home