Thursday, July 21, 2005

Goals of the Summer of '05

It's amazing how the summer is more than half over already... no I won't mention the 'S' word yet.. but with that said at the beginning of the summer I had made a list of a few goals I hoped to accomplish by the end of the summer. And ... I thinks I needs to revisit that list now that i have like 6 weeks left. Well, actually I had made this list while sitting on the plane heading to Manchester.. had nothing better to do the damn movie channel wasn't working... only paki dramas... ewww. So yeah, back to my plan. 1. I wanted to start working out... and alhumdalillah I'm starting to become more consistent 2. wanted to get a lot of the wedding preparations on track instead of dealing with it during school -- and we're getting there; all the major stuff is pretty much done with; i'm workin on the invitations presently 3. that driving thing... I dunno why i am so lazy when it comes to driving school :S 4. wanted to become really active in organizing community/Islamic events... alhumdalillah I think I am getting there slowly but surely thanks to the YM Shura & MuslimFest stuff 5.spend more time with my family... well we had a family day at Niagara Falls :) and there's the 1st Annual Ali-Rana family BBQ this weekend.. where Miss FBI had better show up to.. and i don't care that ur working! 6. Clean up my room from the inside out... haven't touched my room since I've been back... and now that its wedding season there's gonna be even more clothes everywhere

And today I came to the realization that sleeping in until noon (if I'm lucky and Ammi doesn't wake me up sooner) is really preventing me from maintaining and reaching my goals. Yeahhhhhhh it's true!! Okay, so it took me half the summer to realize... but come on, in Karachi.. my Abba used to wake us up at like 9 am and we used to sleep at like 3-4 am each night.. had to catch up somewhere. Lately, I've been sleeping less and I've realized I've become more productive... which is why i think i was reminded of these goals. So yeahh....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thaet's soe gool Sarahe!
I lyk hairy fishes

July 23, 2005 6:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What are you Bengali?! LOL... haha.

July 23, 2005 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...i just have to let you know that you are absolutely hilarious. You have kept me so entertained this summer, so thanks! as for your summer to do list, you forgot one important thing:( # 6 Spend time with farah please!!!!! hehe Inshallah soon right:)

July 23, 2005 10:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

#7 : Chill wid my Farhi... if she EVER picks up her phone!! ;)

Happy 1st Anniversary btw :) AND OMG... me and Humarah still haven't taken u and Farhan out for lunch/Dinner yet... soon inshAllah okay?

July 26, 2005 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home