Thursday, March 08, 2007

I am NOT a FOB

So last night, I was jus chillin' with Ammi and then we started watching the Filmfare awards. I haven't seen those Bollywood award shows in years... since Shah Rukh Khan & Saif Ali Khan hosted them. They were hilarious. So yeah, I thought I would check the awards show out since A) can chill with Mama Bear; B) to get ideas for the Mehndi songs list i am compiling and C) check out what the stars are wearing... NOT because i am a FOB.

Now that that is cleared up... Shazia was shocked to hear that I watched it... shazia: even I didn't watch it!!! I guess she is the ultimate FOB that we all measure upto :P

Yeah, so Bollywood award shows are quite different than awards here... they present their awards in very short spurts and its all about the song and dance numbers. Amrita Rao performed to some old school songs. A.R. Rahman sang Tere Bina... awwwwww... i absolutely LOVE that song. I stopped watching after that... neend arii thi.

Anywho, I found a ton of new songs... mission complete.

My NEW fave song is Rock n Roll Soniye from Kabhi Alvida naa Kehna.

Rock n' roll soniye, dole yeh man tere liye
Rock n' roll soniye, kabhi tu bhi toh mere sang dol

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you might not BE a FOB, but you sure do SMELL like one!!

diss!

March 09, 2007 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too a FOB! Even I haven't watched the Filmfare awards yet!!!

March 13, 2007 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what Shakespear said - thou do protest too much!~

March 14, 2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I do NOT smell like you Auspar... how dare you Sir!!

March 15, 2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Sarah, you and I are undercover FOBs - we tend not to announce or even imply that we like all things Bollywood, but sometimes it's like a moth to a lightbulb...can't...look..away...

I was watching the Oscars that night, but was switching to the Filmfare awards during commercials. SRK was hosting, I had lost the ability to resist!

March 15, 2007 9:24 PM  
Blogger Hash & Hana said...

Hey man, we're all closet fobs. Apparently my hubby is one too... he can't speak Urdu but he knows who Saif Ali Khan and Preeti Zinta are. Hahahaha... I feel bad subjecting poor 3-month-old Noor to Indian movies.

Hana

March 16, 2007 7:06 PM  
Blogger Humz said...

Hello my fobbie little friend!

April 08, 2007 9:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I learned from the best Humarah.

April 11, 2007 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home