Monday, February 26, 2007

Bonding Time

It snowed a lot last night :S I am really getting sick of the snow!! Can't wait for it be sunny and warm again :D

So back to my story, the driveway was completely covered. Papa comes home and he's like, "Come on Sarah, let's go shovel the driveway!"... like I'm really gonna do it... what good is it having brothers/sons around? So i told him to wait for them to come home. Besides, Papa shouldn't do it.. it always leaves him aching, even tho he denies it and all of the news reports say to not overdo it. But nooooo, he puts on his boots... so then I was like okay okay I'm coming too (seriously, it's been years since I've shovelled the snow). I put on my lumberjack Kangol hat so that I don't freeze my butt off and I grab a shovel... then Papa's like "No, Sarah jus keep me company!".... Awwwww. But nah, couldn't jus watch him do all of the shovelling... so we shovelled together. Rarely do me and Papa get a chance to bond... just the two of us.. especially nowadays, always working. But when we do, we have the best conversations. We talk about everything: family, politics, investments... you name it. Those are the times you get to see your parents as people with opinions and thoughts, not just as parents.

HIGHLIGHT: got to hang out with Papa

On a sour note: my girly skinny arms are gonna be sore tomorrow :S

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah the snow sucks...this morning I jumped out of bed, threw on my jacket and went outside to shovel because I couldn't figure out how to use the stupid snowblower and I thought it was broken. Turns out I was using it wrong :S

February 26, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Were you using it backwards??

February 26, 2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger Roohi said...

Yeah, it's still snowing today and I thought it was supposed to stop last night.

Last time it snowed, couple of weeks or so ago, my brother and dad shoveled in the morning to get their cars outta the driveway and when my mom and I were ready to leave 2-3 hours later, we had to shovel AGAIN!

Crazy snow...but atleast it's not as cold as it was last week Alhumdulillah! :)

February 27, 2007 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're too suhki suhki to shovel. And Sarah, really you talk investments? Like really??? I mean come on...what had the world come to?

February 28, 2007 4:18 PM  
Blogger Humz said...

if ur sick of the snow - i suggest u go back to ur motherland!

March 01, 2007 10:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

How many times have I got to tell you, Sri Lanka is your motherland!! I vus born in the Canadda.

March 02, 2007 11:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

And to Nika - heyyy man, I've grown up you know.. it's not about the studying, cooking and sewing anymore. Girls gotta invest that money.. it is a mahenga world out there.

March 02, 2007 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

investments & politics?? more like your credit card bills and Bollywood.

and ME and papa shovel the snow!! We don't too much during it, but thats because I'm usually out of breath trying to double the work papa does..talking investments psshh, what were u doing making snowangels while papa shoveled, sheesh!

and you just ruined one of my reasons for why you can't join facebook, but updating blog.

0-for-2 baaji!! why u gotta make everything difficult?!?

March 03, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What are u talking about?! Try taking ESL AGAIN.. because half of what you said doesn't make sense to me!

And listen, you weren't home that day when ME and papa were shovelling the snow on Monday. You were "studying" with hijabi786 and usmanz2cool4u. Haha.. j/k stop crying. I know a lil sumthin about investments and stuff now... and speakin of credit card bills.. thanks for the reminder i gotta pay some bills. I guess u are good for something :)

March 04, 2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Awww you're right man, nothing is better than those one-on-one convos with your parents (no other siblings around to steal the attention lol). I haven't shoveled snow in awhile either, since I figure my brother is so big and stronger than me so it'll take him half the time it'll take me so he might as well do it!

March 05, 2007 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home