Thursday, January 12, 2006

EiD Mubarak!

I just wanted to wish you and your families Eid Mubarak. May Allah (SWT) bless you and your families on this joyous occasion, Ameen.

We had a relatively quiet Eid... we went to MCC for Eid Salaah. Ran into a ton of people... which is always the best part about Eid. Saw Farah!!!... Eid just isn't complete without seeing her... so that was a great start to the day. Maddy-ha ditched us... can't believe you! Then ran into the rest of the girls... then the family friends. FINALLY, met Rayhan's wife, Mehreen Bhabi!! So that was cool...

Then we headed home... i was soooo wanting to take a nap... but held off... then we headed over to Sahar's parent's place... everyone was there! So that was a lot of fun... her lil cousin, Amina is my new best friend... she's soooo adorable MashAllah, she's got the cutest lil curls which I always "steal" from her so then she steals them back.. it's our lil inside joke... she even sang "Hush lil baby" for us. And... and I found out she loves Dora!

Then we headed home... ppl came over. Ammi made the best 'kalayji' ever... I made a cake and Sahar made Raspberry cheesecake... don't ya jus love Eid!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Eid Mubarak Maddy!! Hope your Eid was full of joy and the presence of family & friends. Yeahhh man, I really missed you that day. Actually traffic wasn't that bad that day... well not for us coming from Brampton anyhow. And insh'Allah Friday I'll be there for sure this time.. and I wasn't busy straightening my hair jus for the record Roohi! :P

I was sooo tired Friday... we came home around 8:00 and by 8:30 i was asleep.. and i slept until the morning... i love sleeping... and so starts another week..

January 15, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger Roohi said...

Oh sorry...you were too busy eating kalayji :p

January 16, 2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yeahhhhh Mmmmmm... liver! It was soo good... don't hate.. fishy wishy!

Yo, Naila was jus over... she was saying she's seen the suit ur gonna wear to the Dinner. Is it ur last Eid suit? Dude... i have NO idea what I'm wearing yet :S... gimme some ideas.. fasttttt.

January 16, 2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ohhhh didn't I tell you what i did to that suit.. :S .. I was ironing it and stupid me, didn't listen to Ammi who was telling me to lower the settings and i burned one of the sleeves!! Can you believe it?!

However, I managed to wear it to my friend's wedding later that day, by draping my dupatta strategically over the burned part.. so no one actually noticed! Wickkeddd.. but yeah the sleeves are see-thru.. so that is wherein the problem arises. But yeahh i totally love that suit...

I wanna wear a sari.. but Ammi said what Trini said.. it'll look like I'm married or something :(.. but i think her reasoning is more related to the fact that there'll be guys there... and so yeahh.. wanna help me convince Ammi??

Because i was actually thinkin of asking you Maddy if i could wear that black sari.. if i can find a longer blouse that is..

And i still need to look thru my suitcases!!

January 18, 2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Rooooo if you do come.. which u will inshAllah.. I think you should wear the Pink & Purple suit... its sooooo beautiful!! Jus my $0.02 :) Either way, come!

January 19, 2006 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home