Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Fruit Cake...

So I went to work to day.. at the pharm.. work is always interesting or whack. We had our work party on Sunday... at Boston Pizza... was aite... ate wayyy too much. But the veggie Lasagne i got was pretty good... tanx Shazo! I still didn't get anything from my secret santosh.. :( but Agheta (my boss) gave me a gift card for Future Shop! She's wayyyy too nice...

Yeah, so I get there... and tons of food... around xmas time there is always tons of food, our customers love us and bring lots of chocolate and stuff... mmmm.. anywho, Allan aka Hitler (if I've ever talked bout him... you know what i mean) tells us all to try his "fruit" cake that he made. At first, I wasn't going to try it... bc he said he'd made it (I confirmed this with him like 4 times: Allan, did YOU make it yourself... seriously!?!) ...but my munchies got to me as I was managing the order. And so I decided to try a piece.. and it was REALLY good. Like better than store-bought! So, I told him that it was really that good... then my other Pharmacist, Agheta... goes that after a piece she was tipsy... and i was like haha... then :S .. confused actually... and i was like, what do you mean tipsy? Is there alcohol in there? And Allan goes, yeah a tablespoon or something of Brandy... and i was like AHHHHHHHHHH!! I shoulda known better... anything Allan makes must have some alcohol or something whack in it... moral of the story: don't trust big brown guys named Allan.

Oh yeah, and some bacha told me i had nice eyes... i think he jus wanted his prescription sooner!

8 Comments:

Blogger RandomLiterati said...

HAHAHA how could you not know Allan's cake has alcohol in it, he brags about it every year!!! Isn't it awesome how people bring in stuff? Always great to munch on when we're at work! I mean other than working of course...cuz we're so hardworking you know...no really, we are!

December 23, 2005 2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shouldnt be taking cake from Non-Mahrams to begin with...

December 23, 2005 12:55 PM  
Blogger Humz said...

No offense to who ever wrote the comment about not taking the cake in the first place but I think it's a very closed minded - like come on now!

December 25, 2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger Humz said...

ur a fruit cake!

December 25, 2005 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Generally speaking, it is a praiseworthy trait to share our food with others...

December 26, 2005 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was that a closed minded statement?
Anything that can lead to haram is haram aint it?
And yes, generally speaking, it IS praiseworhty to share food amongst other people, but if you are Muslim you need to know the Islamic etiquettes of doing so.

....and Allah SWT truly knows best.

December 26, 2005 1:17 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Allan scares me :|

Everytime I walk in he gives me this look as if to say "there's that annoying girl who talks to Shazia too much and makes a bahana of looking for medicine to do it!!"

I wouldnt trust his food either, halal or not.

As for Mr. or Ms. Anonymous...why do folks like you insist on making such comments then become "anonymous" to do so? Because you know people will not like your response? Are you that afraid of letting others know who you are and your opinions and what you stand for? If anything it'd be good to know who you are so that one day maybe we could all have an open, honest discussion about it and maybe learn from each other.

I don't mean any of that to be offensive Anonymous-ji, just something I'm wondering about. It could very well turn out that you're someone I know very well, or not at all. Either way, inshAllah we can all have an "open-minded" conversation one day.

And indeed,Allah (SWT) truly knows best.

December 28, 2005 12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I reckon you usher in a new 2006 post!

January 06, 2006 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home