Monday, November 07, 2005

The Sad Sad fate of my Eid Balloons...

EiD Mubarak All!

Hope everyone had a great EiD longgg weekend... We went to Trillium Banquet Hall for Eid Salaah... we managed to get there early for once :) And we we even managed to take a few pics!!.. usually we're running late and everyone is mad at someone else for taking sooo long or for hogging the washroom. So yeah... we took a few family photos.. so cute... So anyways, i sat with Shaz and Sumaiya :) And then ran into Marrrrria.. finally! Hadn't seen her in soooo long. Got a cute pic of her and Isa and Raiyana. Saw Khadeeja from afar.. but then lost my Ammi so had to go find her and by the time i found her Deej was gone :(

Then we did the usual.. hit our Family friends' houses for some yummy food! Ate wayyyy too much... was sooo sleepy. Saw my lovely Farah!! We took some quick pics.. BUT ya know I have issues... eyes closed in all of them.. well there was one where one eye was open!

Okay, yeah so about my balloons. Thursday night we decorated the outside of the house for Eid. So we put up some lights and some balloons outside. Looked wickedddd... so anywho, Ammi was like don't put the balloons outside they'll fly away or whatever.. I was like nahhh... kuch nahin hoga. As I was leaving the house this morning... i took a quick glance at the Eid display and noticed that there were only 3 left (One had fallen Eid day)!! One is MIA... Azfar file the Missing persons report ASAP! And one has been... i promised myself i wouldn't cry.. *ahem*.. someone choked the air out of my Eid balloon!! Like... how rude! Dang goray bachay... prob because we pretended we weren't home on Hallowe'en... goshhh! I guess Ammi was rite after all.

[It was probably the psycho weather yesterday... not hating on the goray.. jk! :p]

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgive me for asking, but what is a 'goray bachay'?

November 07, 2005 1:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

your bachay... obviously!.. who is this guy?!

November 07, 2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Saraaaaahhh...I looked for you everywhere!!! Shaz told me she was sitting next to you for a bit and then she sat with me for the rest of the time. And then I saw Sumaiyah, but still no Sarah - what gives!?!?

I even asked your dad where you were, but Uncle was looking for you too so we were trying to play 'I spy Sarah' but no luck. Hopefully he found you and now you're home. If you're still stuck at Trillium, let me know and I'll give you a ride home.

EID MUBARAK!!!!

November 07, 2005 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaams Sarahhh EID MUBARAK!!
We finallyyy got to see each other after sooo long I was missing you man!! You met most of my fam and I finally got to meet ur ammi!!Anyways I can't wait till Saturday!! I finally get to see you shake it!! hehe ;) :D

November 08, 2005 8:04 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

I think we're ALL looking forward to that Marria ;)

November 08, 2005 10:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ohhh gosh.. the pressure!! I'll shake a lil sumthin... jus don't be expecting any superstar moves.

Oh did i tell you guys I wanted to have a Jamaican themed mehndi but Ammi wouldn't let me :( It woulda been wickkkkeeddd ya ya...

November 09, 2005 12:59 AM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

I think there's a very good reason your mom didn't let you...
=P
Luv ya! See you Saturday insha'Allah!

November 09, 2005 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... that would be so funny if it was jamaican themed!! sarah how bout for YOUR own mehndi we have a jamaican themed mehndi!! ;)hehe

November 09, 2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hahaa... I SO am gonna have a Jamaican Mehndi.. we even had it all planned. Black, green and yellow (also mehndi colors!) color theme... we'd play reggae... Shake that ting.. Aunty ;) hahahaa. Palm trees... bananas.. jerk chicken... see all planned out. Sarah sad... woulda been wickkedd.

November 09, 2005 11:46 AM  
Blogger Roohi said...

Can I get my hair all braided for your mehndi?

November 10, 2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

and don't forget the green and black beads in ur hair.. ya ya! Oh yeah... and addition to the menu... fried chicken & waffles.. ya ya..

November 11, 2005 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can u make some of your blog thingies shorter so us people who actually have a job and thus not too much time on their hand can read and respond to them

November 12, 2005 2:05 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Though I dont want to go into details about yesterdays mehndi par-tay, I gotta give our girl Sarah some credit - she did more than just "shake a lil sumthin"!

And all this time you kept going on about how you cant dance! From now on, you're being pulled up first :p

November 13, 2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks Deej! :D but nahhh it was jus random movements... nothing to it. And you were pretty awesome to my dear! To think i coulda pulled u up last time too. Maaniya sho cute!

November 13, 2005 6:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Whatevvvvvver Humarah.. you know u love my entries... and can't wait to read them every morning, afternoon and evening!

November 28, 2005 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home