Monday, August 01, 2005

Asif & Mariam's Walima

Congratulations to Asif and Mariam!! Mash'Allah they make an amazing couple...

It was definitely a huge wedding... I ran into a lot of people... it was exciting! And def a Hydro (Hyderabadi) wedding as they had Mirchi ka saalan haha. Everyone looked gorgeous.. especially ME... haha jk. I don't know what got into my bro tho, (actually I think I do!) he actually wanted to get there at 7! Who goes at the time stated on the card... so we got there around 8... and it was PACKED! Thank God, Sahar and Shabina had gotten there early and saved us a table..

The slideshow was really funny... I esp liked that part about Omair being Asif's 3rd love but Mariam as his true love! I can't believe guys thought of that... we all took madd pictures... so here they are!



All the girls: (front)Rang sisters & Roohi;(back) Sameera, Deej, Romana, Sahar & me. Everyone's eyes are open.. awesome!! Usually one person screws it up ... usually me :P



Some of the girls with Asif and Mariam. Mariam looked amazing Mash'Allah... that colour was sooo her colour! It's funny how half of them are looking at one camera & the other half into Deej's camera... (i'm borrowing this pic from you Deej, hope u don't mind.. and it's too bad anyways :P)



Khadeeja and me... Deej looks gorgeous, Mash'Allah! BTW, this will be ur official rishta photo (minus me ofcourse!) I look kinda whack ... I was trying not to blink! I need help with my blinking problem.. u think they have a support group for that?



Shaz and me :) Shaz was trying to dance with me.. in public! I think she wanted to lead .. haha.

Sorry to everyone who had to have a "photo shoot" with me bc I couldn't keep my eyes open! Haha.. especially Rafia .. i think we took like 10 pics and the best shot was of me with my eyes semi-open. The flash on my camera is crazy bright.. i blame the camera.

11 Comments:

Blogger RandomLiterati said...

According to Sabina they weren't on schedule...they were 10 minutes late =P But masha'Allah an awesome wedding may Allah keep the newlyweds happy always Insha'Allah!

And yeah, I was trying to dance with Sarah and she wouldn't let me lead...so I had to hold onto her so I wouldn't fall =P

August 02, 2005 10:42 PM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

Oh and it wasn't mirchi ka salaan...it was bagharaay baigan. Get your hydro food right!!! =P

August 02, 2005 10:42 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

bechari Sarah...hope the Hydro food didn't throw you too off. I know Sameera loved the qubani ka meetha!

I dont mind that you took the pics from me...but I do mind that of all the pics you chose that one to be a rishta pic! I look just..weird...but that's all my pics. I think I'll have to elminate rishta pics because I'm so unphotogenic (or is the term non-photogenic...?)

10 mins was nothing...everything was amazingly done and everyone looked gorgeous mashAllah! May Allah grant Mariam and Asif many many years of health, happniess and love!

August 03, 2005 12:37 AM  
Blogger AKA said...

I just noticed that your eyes seem the most open in the pic with me :p but I think I ruined the pic cuz I looks sleepy...and weird

August 03, 2005 12:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Whachu talkin bout Khadeeja?! You look GORGEOUS, Mash'Allah... but u knew that already! And yup, that is the official Rishta pic!

Hhhhmm... dry... i swear i thought it was mirchi ka saalan.. i think Roohi even said it was. Maybe my imagination, anywho I didn't take some so maybe that's why i was confoosed. And WHATEVER.. it's still hydro food! And what the heck is qobani ka meetha.. i missed dessert :S that's when i had run into Rafia and we were doin our lil photo shoot. You don't even wanna see those pics... i look sooo out of it.

August 03, 2005 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEYYYYY I LOOK SOO GANGSTA IN THAT FIRST PIC EVEN THOU I WAS DRESSED UP IN MY DESI WEAR! OH MI WHAT A TERRIBLE PIC OF MOI!!!

MMMMM I REALLY LIKED THE DESSERT... WHAT WAS IT CALLED AGAIN... LOL I HAD TO GET ROMANA TO KEEP TELLIN' ME. SOMETHING "MEETA" I THINK :s THE APRICOT AND CUSTARD OH MI GOSH! SOOO GOOD , AHEM U HYDRO GALZ , I WANT SOME MO, BRING IT OVER MY WAYS!!!!

SARAH YOU HAVE TO PUT UP A PIC OF MY BLINGIN' BAG..... IT WAS SO HAPPENIN'FUH REAL!

August 04, 2005 9:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Your bag was awesome! It goes with every desi outfit.. u must've gotten it from Gerrard... or Kennedy Rd. ;) And whachu talkin bout... you look gorgeous, Mash'Allah... atleast u can keep ur eyes open!

August 05, 2005 1:14 AM  
Blogger AKA said...

Samz i just got a bag that's pretty blingin too ;) tho it doesn't beat your bag...it's a close 2nd

August 06, 2005 12:04 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Where'd u get it?? I've been lookin for dressy purses .. but can't seem to find unreffy ones. I love the bags at Aldo's but they had all these weird colors like yellow and orange :S Actually I saw this awesome purse .. it was a light pink and had all these feathers .. it was sooo pretty! Now I jus need a pink outfit to wear it with..

August 07, 2005 9:07 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Salaam hun :D

hahaha I have never taken so many pictures at once before! You gotta show me how they turned out ;)

August 11, 2005 5:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! Rafia!! Haha dude u don't wanna see them... but i will send them to you.. i think i only kept like 2 of the 100 we took.. lol! And i look whack in both...in one i am talkin but eyes are open!!

August 11, 2005 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home