Sunday, May 01, 2005

CAIR-CAN went well!

You guys shoulda came! It was totally sold out... for $40-60 I call it a success!Even though I missed most of the speeches because i was helpin with the Children's program registration... once in a while we'd drop in and listen to some speakers.

But it was definitely a LONG night with the kids. There were only like 30 kids.. but honestly it felt like there were double. The boys were psycho.. well only a handful of them and they kept running outta the rooms.. you'd think they were like 3 yrs old! We tried to keep em occupied with crafts and movies.. but they all seemed to have ADD.. they got bored doing just about everything. We had Play Doh!! Who gets sick of Play Doh?! And who doesn't like Arthur?! Then there were some absolutely adorable kids... who drew me pictures and then (I'm so mean!) I lost them somewhere in the room :S! I was so touched... and I swear I didn't mean to lose them.. I actually put them on a table and then at the end of the night when I went to look for them they were gone. There were these really adorable little girls named Sara and Seher (isn't that soo funny!) anyways so they were really shy when they first came...and then here and there I'd drop in and see what they were doing. L'il Seher skipped dinner.. she didn't want the sandwiches.. so i was pretty worried bout her.. cuz we were all starving. But before you know it l'il old Seher... was actually talking to me and drawing pictures with me.. highlight of my night. Then I let one girl braid my hair.. jus to keep her busy and then all of them wanted to do it.. and I couldn't say no cuz then it would've been unfair and girls can be pretty sensitive to stuff like that, so at one point in the night I had like 4 braids and ponytails in my hair. I must've looked spectacular... although I think I saw Madihah laughing and pointing...

Then me, Madihah & her cuz (missed u Roohi!) skipped out to Harvey's ... we were in the mood for some milkshakes... but they didn't have any :( But afterwards we got some cheesecake... lemon cheesecake.. mmmmmmmmmmmm. Then finally the kids left around 11:00 so we all went to catch the Azhar Usman show.. that guy is pretty funny! All in all a good night... got to hang out with Shabina finally, catch a few speeches, dessert... see some people I haven't seen in a long time.. made a difference in some kids' lives.. yeah right...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah man I thought you were coming! Next time inshAllah! The whole program was put together really well. I wonder how much they raised...

May 03, 2005 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home