Friday, April 15, 2005

Chillin' wid da Bhabi

Yesterday me and Sahar decided to hang out because she missed me sooo much. She said it was like she was in Sarah withdrawal.. awww she can be soo sweet sometimes. :) So anyways, I woke her up at like 11 am and we decided to go catch a movie and shop at Square One.

We ended up seeing Fever Pitch with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon. It was a really cute movie.. liked it. That guy was crazy obsessed with the Red Sox. Reminds me of my buddy, Humarah and her obsession wid the Leafs! Anyways, while we were watchin the previews, I think a preview of The Interpreter (with Nicole Kidman) came on.. and there is a scene where she screams like madwoman.. haha it reminded me of Madihah when she screams! You so crazy Madihah. And then in Fever Pitch, one of Drew's friends reminded us of Sara R. it was too funny. THis gurl was tryin to talk Drew out of dating Jimmy and i cant put my finger on it but it totally reminded us of Sara and then one of the girls was like "you're just jealous" and that Sara chick girl punched the girl out.

Then we headed out for lunch. Got to school right in time for Sahar's meeting. Ran into Roohi, Naila, Rabeea and Henna. It feeels so good not to have exams comin up :)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just thought of something ...

if pabi = bhabi
and pangra = bhangra

does that imply:
panjabi = banjabi?!?!

April 18, 2005 12:48 PM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

I don't get it...

April 18, 2005 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shazia... its like this... b = p in punjabi... so u take the urdu word, replace the 'b' with a 'p', and voila, instant punjabi.

anyways, just a random thought...

April 18, 2005 2:09 PM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

Ohhh...got it!!! Wow RS you could be a punjabi instructor =P I never knew it was that easy haha

April 18, 2005 4:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

some food for thought eh? And does anyone know why that indian card game is called Bhabi/pabi? ARe they making fun of bhabis?! UTM had a Bhabi tournament ... isnt that funnies thing u ever heard!

April 18, 2005 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to have bhabi/pabi tournaments back in highschool!! Yupp, thats Malton highschools for you... Those were the days. Shabina was wicked at that game!

Marria

April 18, 2005 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if b=p in punjabi then
p=b in arabic. Therefore, a peach becomes a beach. Pepsi becomes bebsi....you get the drift:)

i think we're a bit off topic here aren't we !!!!

faisal.

April 18, 2005 9:34 PM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

okay NOW I'm confused...

:S

April 18, 2005 10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shazia... u'r always confused... its so simple!... u just gotta think deeper than the Indian Ocean :P

lol @ pabi tournaments... we used to play that game in the caf back in h.s too... i think that was the last time i ever played it... how'd it go again? u had to get rid of your cards... low cards were good, high cards were bad... hmm, something like that.

April 18, 2005 11:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hahaa... Shabina is a bigger ref than I thought! Seriously, I'm surprised I never picked it up during highschool.. everyone always talked bout it.. I guess we were one up Malton :) Marria ur officially Bramptonian now!

Btw.. I liked Ahmar's response to the whole Brampton/Rexdale thing.. haha. He said something like the only good thing bout Rexdale is that there a million highways leading out of it..Good one!

April 19, 2005 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I've never played pabi...I didn't even know it was a card game.

April 19, 2005 7:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

the best indian sport: Kabaddi!

I don't know what its about or what the object of the game is.. but all i know is they gotta keep on saying Kabaddi..

April 22, 2005 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is a Banjabi related to a Bangali??

Ummer

April 24, 2005 2:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I dunno man.. ur gonna hafta run that by RS who started all the confusion! I was jus talkin bout my bhabi.. and then it became about the b and the p and bout the card game...

April 25, 2005 8:26 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Maddy...Nicole is gorgeous.. so I'd say its a compliment... but then again screamin like a maniac ... is kinda crazay.. but ur kinda crazay ...

April 25, 2005 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home