Monday, October 31, 2005

Runs in the family

So it happened again today.... I .. Sarah Ali.. got mistaken for a 1st yr student again!! That's like the 5th time this year! Like goddd... I'm in my 4th year.. nope didn't fasttrack... and yeah am 22.. you'd better believe it.

Just last Friday, i went into my Optometrists Office to pick up my *new* contacts and this woman was waiting there with her daughter and she started chatting it up with me. Nice woman. Anywho, she was asking me how long I've been wearing contacts and I go to her... a long time.. like 5-6 years. Then she asks me what GRADE I'm in?! I was like... *embarassed laugh*... no, I'm in my 4th yr of University. Her jaw drops and she goes, "I thought you were like 16 or 18!" Oh that's nice... I look like I'm still in High School... well atleast I didn't get mistaken as older I guess.. right??

And then Azfar reminded me of a funny story... about my older Bro. One of my friends got married about 2 years ago... anywho, so we met her husband, Bashir and all, and in an attempt to make small talk, he goes to my bro (who was 24 at the time)... "So you're in OAC, right?" and.... everyone jus starts cracking up... until my bro's friend finally tells him "Nahhh, he graduated from uni last year.."

So i guess you could say.. it runs in the family

5 Comments:

Blogger RandomLiterati said...

Well at least it wasn't the opposite...I had a lady with two kids call me didi :(

October 31, 2005 9:35 AM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

hahaha Welcome to my world

*sigh*

It's better to look younger than your age, my friend!

aww haha Shazia didi ;)

November 01, 2005 11:45 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

I dont want you to feel worse, but my mom thought you were about 17 when she last saw you at Shaz's house!

I get mistaken to be way younger all the time too :S A client of mine wondered how they let an 18 year be in my job position. Even my manager asked if I just turned 20!!! But better younger than older man!

November 02, 2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Okay fine.. after reading Shazia's comment... maybe it is better to mistaken as younger! I'm surprised Roohi hasn't chimed in yet... she is the Queen of looking younger than her age.

November 02, 2005 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I look 14, but when I dont shave I look at least 15 and three-quarters.

Ya-Ya, Ya-ya. Sarahman Rudeboi.

November 03, 2005 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home