Saturday, April 09, 2005

MSA Dinner

Mash'Allah... MSA Dinner was awesome! I think it was just everything... the weather was gorgeous... Mohammed Al-Shareef was just very captivating and funny... a lot of people came to the dinner... food was good.. except that the lasagne ran out :(

It was definitely a good time. and there was ICE CREAM SUNDAES!! LOL... Sabina was right... about the lights! We were in the dark for like 10 mins waiting for the lights to slowly come back on... but entertainment was good... lotta stuff... and the paki letter thing was hilarious [an Arab girl married a paki guy and so she went to her Paki friend to translate the love letter he sent her..]

One thing that I really took with me from last night, was something Mohammed Al-Shareef said... he said there are 3 types of people: 1)Believers 2)Nonbelievers and 3)Hypocrites.

And we can determine whether we're a Believer vs Nonbeliever if we believe in Allah, etc.

But its harder to determine the difference between a Believer and a Hypocrite. He said, the easiest determinant of which you are is, the consistency of your Fajr prayer.

Something to work on, inshAllah.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, that comment about Fajr really clicked in.. I think there is also a hadith about how if u don't wake up for fajr its because shaytaan is urinating in your ear. I'm not joking, the details were in Friday Nasiha 2 years back. I saved it, so I can forward it to you if u want, IA.

BTW, did u notice i finally got recognition?! It only took 4 years, LoL.

"Props" for me! :)

April 09, 2005 11:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Go Henna!! I told you would finally get the recognition after those 4 long hard years... but what happend... there are 2 Hennas? and even your guys' last names are the same.. that is freaky!! I heard she is ur arch nemesis.. haha.

But atleast u got recognized.. i was handing out the letters later and I saw mine.. and i was like YESSSS i got one too. The whole time i thought i hadnt been active enough and was soo sad... but then it all worked out.

April 11, 2005 3:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awww thanks Sana! You were definitely a highlight for me too! Finally got to meet ur Bhabiji... she is gorgeous ;) and don't worry man I knew it started at 6:00 yet managed to slip in right before he started speaking. Next time... you are so being a part of the entertainment.. I know u've got talents I saw u at Zehra's mehndi :)

April 11, 2005 7:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Shuddap you! Jus jealous.. no one is as happy to see as they are me!

April 23, 2005 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home