Thursday, March 17, 2005

Sisterly Love

I finally did a nice sisterly thing for my older bro today. I bought him a hot dog from the infamous Hotdog Vendor Guy @ UTM (whose name is Abdul by the way) :) Not only did i do that, but I waited outside (in the freezing cold) for 20 minutes for him, holding the hot dog the whole time!! I think I got frostbite... I didn't wanna stand inside and look weird.. just holding the hotdog and not eating it... and trust me, it smelled sooo delicious and relishy.. Mmmmmmm...

Then on the way home, we dropped by this Indian restaurant to pick up some samosas... and there was this Indian clothing boutique next door, so I decided to take a look just in case they had something nice.. AND I found the most awesome suit!! Then I tried sucking up to the Owner guy... I even called him Uncleji and asked him if he remembered me... because I have bought a few outfits from there in the summer.. and he did remember me! He's such a nice old man... maybe I'll remind him of his granddaughter or something and then maybe he'll give me a good price... because I am no good at bargaining. I get soo embarassed when my Mom or Aunts bargain ... because come on, there's a limit to being unreasonable... but sometimes the owners do try to rip you off...

Like once in Pakistan, I really wanted this black suit with white stitching (it was soooo pretty!) but my Mom and my Aunt both didn't think the suit was worth the price & the quality wasn't that good... but this was like the only suit that I had liked in the whole bazaar and so I was pretty adamant about it.. so then they started bargaining... which resulted in them walking away bc the guy wasn't lowering the price. So then... man I dunno what came over me and I started crying. I have never in my life cried for a suit or clothes... it was a pretty sad moment in my life I must admit...or maybe it was just being in Pakistan. So then they all caved in and bought it for me. I was soo happy! I wore the suit like twice, and then I got it washed in India and the suit got ruined..the black bled onto the white thread! I was so devastated (once again yeah I know it's only clothes).. I think I yelled at the Boowa lady for ruining my suit

Moral of the Story: Don't let the Boowa (maid) wash ur clothes!!
Real Moral of the Story: Momma knows best 99.9% of the time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home