Friday, February 18, 2005

'Bachelor(ette)' vs. Arranged Marriage

I can't believe I never thought of this before... Monday day (I think..) I was watching Bachelorette Jen and I came to the conclusion: that woman is such a walking contradiction. I don't really watch these reality shows... and I think this was the 2nd episode of Jen's show that i had seen. The first one being the first episode of the season.. where they show all the guys and the only reason I watched that one was to see if any bechaara brown guys made it to the first round.. but I don't think any did... racism in America I tell ya... but atleast it saved them the humiliation of getting kicked out in the first round anyways.

So yeah... back to Jen aka the Bachelorette... she is pretty tho... but anyways...she goes on and on about how she wants a good guy, someone she can communicate with openly, how it isn't "all about looks" with her, how she is sick of guys that just mess around... how she is looking for a Husband!! 3 guys left... one is a successful, good looking guy who is a bit insecure.. and she says that he isn't a good communicator. The second, is a teacher guy, really sweet, they have great chemistry.. she says he is an amazing communicator; he tells her he can see her as his wife. The third guy: pure eye candy, has money... she wonders about his motives... whether he just wants to win or really wants to be with her. So anyways... she totally blew me away ... she gave the 1st guy a rose... which was alright.. but then she gave the 3rd guy the last rose!! I couldn't believe it... she wasn't even sure if that guy wanted to be with her at all, alone the rest of her life... and still she chose him over the sweet guy... to come and meet her family. She totally went against everything that she was wanting in a guy (or so she claimed to want). Which led me to think... are girls just like that? They want what they can't have.. or don't want what they can have?

Anyways... back to how Bachelor(ette) is like an Arranged Marriage:

1) Both concepts -- have a pool of people chosen by the show's producers or Parents to choose from [however, guys in AM somehow seem to have a better looking pool to choose from.. mama's boys!!!]

2) Both -- allow you to get to know one another... and make cuts .... ouch

3) You gotta take home the special someone or special 2 people [as in Bachelor(ette)] home to meet your family at some point ( in arranged.. it's at the beginning... beginning, end... same thing)

4) Family has an impact on the person's final decision (family's opinion weighs a bit more heavily in desi culture...just a tad..)

5) If you do end up getting married to that person... you get a huge wedding (maybe even televised..)

And those are my 2 cents....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like that show...she doesn'tseem very nice...how come that one guy fainted?

February 24, 2005 5:58 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha... yeah that guy... i guess he couldn't handle the anticipation.

The final rose ... proposal thingy is on Monday... I wonder how long this "engagement" will last... man I thought Andrew Firestone guy was sooo nice.. she didn't deserve him.

February 24, 2005 10:55 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

She is the worst Bachelorette EVER! I can't believe she dumped both of the guys... maybe Dude is right.. she is gonna end up 32, snaggle-toothed desperately looking for a man cuz she's too damn picky! John Paul ur da man.

March 03, 2005 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home