Thursday, October 28, 2004

Midterms are Over Baby!

Hey What's up? Yet another week has passed by since i could update this thing.... jus doesnt seem to be settling down... but now I'm done with midterms.. Woo Hoooo!! Now i can focus on more important things.. like Ramadan.. and Shazia's iftaar... and Anu's Wedding stuff... which is in like 22 days insh'Allah!

Oh before I 4get... "Change your clock, Change your batteries" ... this week's installment of the Fire Station Sign :)

You know what I've realized... doing things last minute pays off.. I wrote this assignment for my Religion class the night before it was due... sure i was up till like 2 am finishing it and was sleep deprived the next day... BUT I kicked butt on it ... with the help of my illustrious editor ofcourse. I'm NEVER doin anything on time again... my moral story of the day...

Then.... i went to my Social Psych class... had to write a quiz... i think i got 3/5 right... considering i didnt get a chance to finish reading the textbook.... can u tell I am proud of myself today :) Hope it lastsssss... we did this "Apprentice-like" assignment in class... where in each group each person had a specific role.... the assignment consisted of each group obtaining a cigarette package...JUST to analyze... and we were to link the peripheral cues to the concept of whether they actually deterred ppl from smoking. Was fun.. we all ended up smelling like smoke tho.. so that was nasty.

Now... I am off to my Anthro Tutorial.. to hand in my essay.. then its off to the Iftaar :)

Have a great day!

9 Comments:

Blogger RandomLiterati said...

You better be coming to my iftaar!!! (Sorry DJQ, maybe next time :P) I just hope my trifle comes out as good as yours. You know I'm surprised, this last minute cramming stuff actually does work. Case in point...I had a test the week before and we studied for it about a week in advance...and when it came down to a day before, we didn't want to study anymore because we were so sick of looking at it. And in that way, I think we remembered less. So stay up the night before and cram away! And as someone once told me, a can of JOLT cola (whatever it is) will do the trick to keep you awake! ;)

October 29, 2004 8:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What is the Jolt-Cola... at first i thought it was like Pakola..LOL...don't even tell me you guys dunno what that is. Then i rem you mentioning it a while ago Shaz.. and so is it like a keep-u-up all nite drink? Caffeine pill thing? Maybe they should get some for the Qiyam at Malton Masjid.. hehe...

October 30, 2004 12:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 30, 2004 12:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

And yeah Shaz.. I'll be at the iftar inshAllah.. come on tell me what to bring.. besides the Anaar.. which u may hafta remind me to bring.. hehe... hey its Khadeeja's bday too today.

HAPPY HAPPY Berday Khadeeja!!! @}--}-- <3 Lots of Luv!

And hey, 22 is still "Prime" age okay... me and Shaz will be entering that age soon enough too.. i could write a whole entire entry on just this topic..

October 30, 2004 12:55 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Yes please do post a topic...since Shaz believes that I'm past my prime now!!! Not nice to make someone cry on their bday! lol...22 is NOT old...thats what I keep repeating to myself and I'm starting to believe it! =) Thanks for all the bday wishes and dua's...keep em coming ;)

October 30, 2004 1:00 PM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

Sarah I forgot...does the cake get layered once or twice??? I called you early (well around 11:30!) but someone didn't have their phone on! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KHADEEJA!!! I hope you enjoyed your prime...don't worry, things just get better with age...like cheese...in any case hope you have an awesome birthday Insha'Allah!!!

What's Pakola? No I seriously don't know...and yes please bring an anaar. See you soon!

October 30, 2004 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 30, 2004 1:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Shazia stop comparing Khadeeja with haraam stuff like wine! And in Ramadan.. have u no shame?!

And hey, u need anything for tonite... unday? I still owe u some.. 6 to be precise.. unday from my bday .. u need unday.. u call me! ;)

October 30, 2004 2:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I guess only Paki's know what Pakola is... and the only reason i know what it is .. is because i heard some pakis talk bout it...figures

October 31, 2004 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home