Friday, December 31, 2004

BIG Announcement!

My parents are going for Hajj insh'Allah!! We're sooo excited for them... they're leaving on the 6th or 7th of January insh'Allah... the weirdest and most worrisome thing is that their visas haven't come through yet!! Like come on... this should've been taken care of foremost before they started preparing for the trip... but apparently this is just how it's done.. or so the Hajj group leaders keep telling us.

Awwww... we're really gonna miss them too... for once we're gonna be the ones wondering where they are and why they haven't called. But the biggest relief is that they are goin with the Jawaids', one of our oldest family friends and so Farah & Faraz and us can all keep tabs on them :) May Allah protect them all and the rest of the pilgrims throughout their journey. Ameen.

By the way, if u guys have any special dua'as you want my parents to make for you, pass them along to me. AND don't worry, they're gonna pray for all of us to get married.. so don't even bother asking for that.. it's a given, trust me...haha.

8 Comments:

Blogger RandomLiterati said...

Masha'Allah congrats!!! They're so lucky they are getting this awesome opportunity. May Allah grant them a successful and safe Hajj Insha'Allah Ameen! Ask them to make a special dua'a on behalf of us for all those around the world who are suffering especially for those in the tsunami disaster, just like we should all remember and pray for their relief Insha'Allah.

A reminder:
The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: "He who relieves a hardship of this Dunya for a believer, Allah will relieve a hardship of the Day of Resurrection for him."

Oh and if you get hungry and need food anytime just come by, I'll feed you!!! :P

January 01, 2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

MashAllah that's amazing!!! My parents also wanted to go, but things got in the way and it couldnt happen. May Allah protect them throughout their pilgrimage and grant all their dua's and accept their intentions! Make sure you call me if you get bored Sarah! And though I can't cook like Shaz, I'll take you out for dinner instead :p

January 01, 2005 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Sarah, your parents dont know me! So how are they gonna pray that I find a nice husband when they dont know me!!!! LOL, just kidding. I hope Insh'Allah they have an awesome and safe trip :) And ummm...I can't cook but Insh'Allah I'll bring you whatever my mom cooks...and ummm...I don't live in Brampton and I don't know how to drive, so I can't take you out to eat...but we can have lunch together at school!!! :)

~ Roohi

January 03, 2005 11:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awwwwww... you guys are all so sweet! Thanks for all the offers... you guys are the best! And we're so hitting Singapore Gardens atleast once... got it?! And Roohi, I'll say it again.. Hydro Biryani is the best biryani! Man.. all this talk bout food... gets me thinking that I'll be putting on some madd pounds while the parents are gone....

January 04, 2005 12:07 AM  
Blogger AKA said...

my mommy makes the best biryani! I'm slooowwwlyyyy learning, so maybe by the time your parents are coming BACK from Hajj, I'll have it down. Til then, Singapore Gardens sounds good to me. And Roohi, you do have a point, but I think we'll ask Sarah's parents to make a general dua for all of Sarah's friends to find a nice good husband.

January 04, 2005 5:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I smell a Hydro Biryani-a-thon coming on!

January 06, 2005 5:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

but a cheesecake-a-thon is more appreciated :D and I'll even let store bought one's enter the contest..

And who wants to go see Ocean's Twelve or Finding Neverland (Johnny Depp!)??... i haven't seen either yet...

January 06, 2005 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyyy!! Deeja, I'm sorry, but I would have to disagree, my Mom definately makes the best hydro biryani and everyone knows it!! LOL! :p

Sarah, I'm all up for Singapore Gardens! Just let me know when! LOL! :D And cheesecake...since I don't know how to make one, I'll get one from the store, but can I be a judge?!?!? Pleeeeease, lol :)

~ Roohi

January 09, 2005 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home